Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Hong Kong Finish

Today I had my midterm project due for my off-loom class. We had to make something using plaiting, twining or coiling. I chose to use pliating and bad a belt out of ostridge leather and paper yarn. It's pretty cool. I also have a project due tomorrow in my structural class. We had to pick something in the room to cover. I chose to cover one of the lights in the room. Hopefully it will work. I leave for spring break tomorrow and I am really excited to have a week off. I also have an interview with Kenneth Cole ON April 10th in New York. The interview is for a sumer internship. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Becky said...

I actually don't know anyone else with your major and think it's very interesting. Is it a 4 year program? An internship in New York, that's awesome! What would you be doing? Good luck!

Bobby said...

I think the major is pretty sweet too. A belt made out of ostrich leather sounds like the sweetest pants-holding-up device ever. A Kennith Cole internship would be amazing, but I don't think it could be nearly as exciting as my plan of getting an internship in a genetics lab. I know you're jealous. Good luck though, and have a great break!

Staci said...

That is pretty cool. Good luck. Do you need to land an internship to finish out your major? I was thinking it's alot like writing up a thesis if you do-putting everthing together that you learned and presenting it. I hope you get it!